'Fractured' By Dani Atkins

Sunday, July 20, 2014

I adore reading! I'd read all day, every day if I could but alas, I have to work, eat, sleep...

Every so often a book really stands out. Whether it's because it has an awesome twist, has me in tears or in stitches throughout, if I related to it somehow or simply just enjoyed it for no deep reason. Therefore, I've decided that I am going to share such a book with you lovely lot when that happens, so that maybe you'll end up reading it and loving it like I did.

I bought 'Fractured' on the Kindle on a bit of a whim; I'd just finished a novel and had nothing ready to read next so I had a bit of a Kindle Book splurge. I'd read a few reviews and it sounded promising so I thought to myself "why not?".


I am very conscious not to give too much of the story away so I thought it'd be best just give you the blurb - if you would like this to be different for future reviews, please let me know in the comments below.

"What would you do if life gave you a second chance?

The night of the accident changed everything… 
Now, five years on, Rachel’s life is crumbling. She lives alone in a tiny flat, working in a dead-end job, desperate with guilt over her best friend’s death. She would give anything to turn back the clock. But life doesn’t work like that… Does it?

The night of the accident was a lucky escape… 
Now, five years on, Rachel’s life is perfect. She has a wonderful fiancé, loving family and friends around her, and the career she always wanted. But why can’t Rachel shake the memory of a very different life?"

If you enjoy a book full of mystery, heartbreak, romance, drama and even the odd slice of comedy, then 'Fractured' is certainly for you. It's not just your average girly book and completely exceeds any prior expectations. The best thing about it is the suspense throughout and trying to work out what an earth is going on, it's brilliant.

Now to the ending and it completely fractured my heart - geddit?! Ok, maybe not... But it is powerful stuff and I'll be first to admit that I had so many tears streaming from my eyes - so attractive.

All in all, it's a really good read and something to get utterly lost in. Dani's style of writing is really enjoyable and makes the story easy to get in to. I enjoyed it so much that I have put her first book, 'Then and Always', on my wish-list to buy the next time I'm looking for something to read!

Have you read 'Fractured' or have any book suggestions for me? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!