Mini Boots Haul

Friday, July 18, 2014

Not to get all boastful but I'm pretty proud of myself right now. I worked especially hard on a project at work and it got noticed by higher management, meaning I was rewarded with £20 to use at a choice of shops - go me! Scrolling through the list of places, my eyes fell on "Boots" and that was it, a few buttons clicked and the vouchers were mine.


I thought long and hard about what to buy, would it be one expensive treat or a few cheaper products that I wanted to try? Decisions, decisions! The final plan was to just go in store, armed with a list full of possibilities and decide on the day.

Saturday eventually rolled around, the sun was shining (which always puts me in a good mood) and I was feeling "spendy" so off to the shops I trotted. I had a little wander around Boots; looking, swatching and finally choosing my items. 

My first and favourite purchase was Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick in 'Ole Flamingo!'. This stuff is stunning. After hearing so many bloggers rave about it, it went straight into my basket. I plan to do a full review over the next few weeks so I'll expand more then, just know that it is bloody brilliant!




Next up was Barry M's Hi Shine Gel Nail Paint in 'Almond'. Again, lots of bloggers have been loving this colour so it was another clear choice for my haul. It's bound to appear in a "Nails of the Week" post soon as I absolutely love the colour and can't wait to try it out so keep a look out for more info on it then. 


Rimmel London's Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liner in 'Bronze' was my next choice. Me and eyeliner go way back to when I used to wear it thick and dark during my gothic/emo days (yes, I went through that phase) but over the past few years, we've drifted. I decided this had to change but without wanting to jump in too heavy, I thought I best start with a softer colour. The one I've gone for is a really nice, warm bronze that gives subtle colour and definition to the eyes. It's easy to apply, though if you have unsteady hands like moi, it may take a few tries to get it exactly how you want it. This eyeliner is definitely going to make a regular appearance in my make-up line up.


Last, but not least, I picked up L'oréal's Color Riche L'Ombre Pure Eyeshadow in shade '200 Nude'. The colours in this range are beautiful but this one caught my eye especially. It's a pretty metallic gold/pink colour with slight bronze undertones. It glides on to the lids with strong pigmentation and is very long-lasting - win, win! It'll be great as part of a "smokey eye" or on it's own for general everyday use, it's lovely!




I'd say the shopping trip was a success! The more eagle-eyed readers will have noticed that these four products didn't amount to £20 - if you did notice that, a very well done to you. I was a couple of pounds over but that was covered by the money on my Boots Advantage Card, so all in all, this haul cost me £0, nothing, niente, nada and isn't that just the best feeling!


Have you tried any of the items above or bought something new recently? Let me know below.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!