August Favourites

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Seriously, where is this year going? The months are flying by! Compared to July, August has been a pretty quiet month and thus my favourites were a bit on the small and simple side. 

The product that came straight to mind when I was thinking of my monthly faves was L'Oréal's EverSleek Shampoo and Conditioner. My hair has taken a battering throughout the best part of 10 years from drying, straightening, dying - you name it, it's more than likely had it done. All this has put a lot of strain on the ol' locks and it's not been in the best condition recently. After going to the hairdressers a couple of months ago and getting a much-needed chop, I decided it was time to get my hair back to some sort of good state. I saw the aforementioned in Tesco and decided to try them out and I've got to admit, they're brilliant! My locks have felt so much better the past couple of months, more sleek and smooth and it's starting to feel thick again. 10/10 would recommend! 

Another life saver this month has been Burt's Bees Lip Balm. My lips have been so dry this month for no reason at all so I've been slapping some of this wonderful stuff on over night and it's been working wonders. I also love the added tingle it gives once applied. It's been great! 

I really enjoyed wearing Barry M's Hi Shine Gel Nail Paint in 'Almond' a few weeks ago (see the relating post here). A beautiful chic colour that'll get many compliments, lots of shine and incredibly hard wearing, what more could you want for your nails?! 

My final favourite item this month was MUA's 'Undressed Me Too' Eyeshadow Palette. I have had this for quite a long time now, however, am only just getting full use out of it and finding different looks with it. It's my go-to eyeshadow palette pretty much every day at the moment and I especially enjoy pairing Exposed (on the lid) and Dreamy (in the crease). All the shades are very pretty, with some mattes and some shimmers; a good all rounder I'd say!

Top L-R: Naked, Devotion, Shy, Fiery, Lavish, Dreamy
Bottom L-R: Tranquil, Exposed, Reveal, Wink, Obsessed, Corrupt

What were your August favourites?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Must try out the shampoo and conditioner xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are lush, making my hair feel so good! :) x

      Delete
  2. I like all the shades of this cute eyeshadow palette.

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very cute, isn't it! Can pick it up pretty cheaply too :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!