Freebies, Freebies, Freebies!

Friday, August 01, 2014

One of my favourite past times is to grab a magazine, find a comfy spot to sit and read it cover to cover and then again. Twice. I have so many nice memories from doing this and I'm almost certain that all of the ones bought are stashed away somewhere in the attic, waiting for when I'm feeling nostalgic on a rainy day.

This love of the mags started in my early teens when I used to get pop music magazines like 'Smashhits!' to drool over Dougie from McFly; it then moved on to ones such as 'Kerrang' during my rock chick days and now that love has blossomed for the beauty and style offerings.

What's one of the best things about magazines? The freebies. And July has been pretty amazing for them.

In Style, a regular read of mine, came with Neal's Yard Geranium and Orange Hand Cream this month. I was dead excited to pick this up as I have been wanting to try the brand for a long time and my previous hand cream was running low - good timing or what?! This isn't one of the best hand creams I've ever tried but it's definitely not the worst. The smell is lovely; spicy and citrusy is as best as I can describe it and it lingers for a while after rubbing it in. What let's it down is that it didn't feel nourishing for long. The hand creams I prefer tend to make my hands feel soft for a long time and that feeling just didn't last with this one. It's nice but it'll only suffice until I find a new one to try. On that note, if you have any hand cream suggestions, please let me know in the comments below! This magazine is also by far one of my favourite style and beauty based reads and Cameron Diaz...what a babe!!


The next freebie-find, New Cid Cosmetic's I-Crayon Lip and Cheek Tint, came from Cosmo. Being a firm lover of powder blushes, it's easy to say that I'm not a fan of cheek tints in the slightest; they never seem to blend well and I end up looking like I have the reddest cheeks ever - not a good look. A lip tint however? Well, I'm all over that and as I'd not heard of the brand before therefore hadn't a clue what to expect, I was eager to try it out. I managed to get the shade 'Strawberry Soufflé', a bright and warm red, and I'm actually really impressed. Besides the packaging looking and feeling quite cheap, the colour is really pretty and the transfer is great. The product looks shiny in the tube but once applied feels almost matte. It also only needed a couple of top ups throughout the day, as it clung to the outer edges of my lips but slowly disappeared in the middle. All things considered though, not half bad!


Marie Claire was the last magazine I picked up this month and attached to it was Balance Me's Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm. I'm really liking Balance Me products at the moment (I'm in love with their eye cream, but you can read more of what I think on that here) and was looking forward to giving this a go. As I have mentioned before and will more than likely mention again, my skin is very oily, thus meaning I am always on the look out for good skin cleansers. Well, Balance Me have done it again and got things just right. I love it!! After using this cream, my skin feels incredibly clean, soft and fresh as well as utterly moisturised. It smells lush too and very soothing for my acne-prone skin. It's amazing.

The only freebie I really missed out on came with Glamour and that was the Clinique Chubby Stick Lip Balm. Could I find this blasted thing anywhere?! No I could not! I searched high and low all month but alas, no such luck. 

All in all, I'd say the magazines had some impressive offerings this month! 

Did you manage to pick up any of the magazine freebies this month? What did you think of them? 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Lovely post! I love the scent of the Geranium & Orang range from Neal's yard!
    Jasmine's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine! It does smell really nice :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!