Fusilli with Crispy Pancetta and Spring Onions Recipe

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Food, glorious food! Oh wait, this isn't 'Oliver!' - damn! 

Today ladies and gents, I'm going to share a recipe for a quick, simple and delicious pasta dish with you. I cooked it the other night for my family and it went down a treat!

This recipe originally came from 'Pasta Every Way, Every Day' but I tweaked it a bit to make it even yummier!

Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 500g of fusilli pasta
- 8 rashers of pancetta - I used smoked, to give it that added flavour
- 30g butter
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 sliced spring onions
- Garlic - how many cloves depends on how much you like garlic, I ended up adding two cloves
- Fresh basil leaves - a handful of leaves, torn up, should do
- Seasoning - salt and black pepper
- Parmesan - grated if fresh or just get a small packet from your local supermarket

You may notice that there is no garlic in the above picture, I decided to add garlic once I started cooking :)

How to: 
First, put the pasta in to a large pan and leave on the stove to boil. After about 5-10mins, add the finely chopped garlic, this will add flavour to the pasta while it cooks.

Whilst the pasta is boiling, chop the pancetta in to small chunks and slice the spring onions (if you haven't already done so). Add the butter in to a non-stick frying pan and melt over a medium heat. Once melted, add the pancetta and cook for about 5mins, turning frequently, until it's crisped and browned. Then add the olive oil and spring onions and cook for a further 2mins.



Drain the pasta and return to the pan, then add the contents of the frying pan and stir it all in. Keep it warm by putting it on a low heat and stirring often. Add the torn up basil leaves and a pinch of salt and pepper. After a couple more minutes of being on a low heat, add some parmesan and allow it to slightly melt.

Serve on to a plate and add a sprinkle of parmesan, salt/pepper if you wish and any garnish.

Then all there's left to do is enjoy!

Do you have any Italian dish recipes? If you would like to see more recipes or if you'd like me to do them differently, please let me know in the comments below. All feedback is greatly appreciated!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Looks delicious! Will definitely be giving this a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very tasty! Let me know how you get on with it if you do :)

      Delete
  2. this looks sooo delicious! Pasta is one of my faves so I'm going to have to try this! x

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too Rachel! It is delish, and so easy to do! Let me know if you like it! :)
      A x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!