July Favourites

Sunday, August 03, 2014

We're here again: monthly favourites time! July was an extremely busy and fun month for me, meaning this post could have been huge with the amount of things I've been loving. But I've narrowed it down to three major lip loves and three essential non-beauty-related items for your perusal. 


I shall start with the lip products and first up - you may have guessed it - Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick in 'Ole Flamingo!'. I have promised a full review before and don't worry all, one is on it's way soon so keep your eyes peeled for my full thoughts then. If you hadn't already realised though, I love it. A lot.

Second up is my first ever Mac Lipstick! From the countless times I've mentioned it, you will know that I recently went to London and whilst meandering around Covent Garden on my birthday, my lovely mum took me to the Mac store to find a present. After seeing Anna and Lily rave about Mac Lipsticks, the shade 'Patisserie' in particular, some serious enabling happened and after a quick swatch of said shade, the purchase was made and I practically skipped out of the shop, swinging a Mac bag happily as I went. First things first, the packaging. It looks sleek and chic; although to be honest with you, it does feel slightly cheap and plasticy. I was expecting something more sturdy but it feels rather flimsy and the lipstick wobbles a little inside. Not that it's a huge problem because the lipstick itself? Wow. It's bloomin' lovely! The colour is gorgeous, a very pretty, warm nude that lasts for a good couple of hours after application. It's also really moisturising and goes well with any outfit or make up choices. Out of all the lipsticks I own, it's got to be one of my all-time favourites. 

The final item for the lips was another birthday present but from my best friend this time. I've been looking for a nice lip balm for a while as I fancied a change from my usual, Burt's Bees Lip Balm, so when Nikki gave me the Heathcote & Ivory Enchanted Walk Lip Gloss, I couldn't wait to give it a go! Before I go on, can we just take a minute to revel at the cute packaging?! How adorable is that! Anyway, to the product itself and it's great stuff. I'd say that it's definitely more a lip balm than a gloss; it's incredibly moisturising and makes my lips feel extremely soft - it contains shea butter and beeswax so is bound to be nourishing. It does add a subtle but pretty wash of colour and also smells of peaches which is divine! It's now my go-to lip balm!


On to the non-beauty products now and I'll start with my ever-faithful (and obviously well-used) Converse All Stars. These bad boys have been life savers this month. I've done an awful lot of walking around and been in dire need of something comfortable on my feet to which the converse have fit the bill. They are hard-wearing, uber comfy and go well with many different outfits. One of my favourite pairs of trainers for sure. On a side note, I am actually thinking about getting some Nike Free Runs, so if you own a pair or have any thoughts, please let me know down below!

The item next up is simply delicious. Vita Coco Coconut Water. My word, is this stuff good. Hydrating, tasty and can be used in a number of different drinks and smoothies. I tried it a few weeks ago on a bit of a whim and been enjoying it ever since. Quite a few people aren't a fan of the taste but I like it, it's so refreshing! I do prefer drinking the plain one on it's own more than the one with pineapple, but the pineapple is a much nicer mixer. 

Lastly, when I've found some spare time (which usually happens to be late at night when it's been too warm to sleep), I have been turning to Netflix. I've now finished watching the second season of Orange is the New Black and cannot wait for the third, it's brilliant. Great acting, good storyline, lots of drama as well as a strong comedy element; its fantastic all around! I've also been enjoying a few films on it such as Dark Skies, Tucker & Dale vs. Evil (hilarious!), Just Go With It and Equilibrium. So yeah, Netflix is pretty awesome. If you'd like to see any reviews on the films I've just mentioned or any other films and TV shows on Netflix, leave me a comment and I'll be sure to do them.

What were your July Favourites?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I don't have the Nike Free Runs but I do have the FlexTrainer 4's that I love and that are part of my own July favourites http://loveonceuponadream.blogspot.ie/

    I have just finished Breaking Bad on Netflix and are going through withdrawals will have to start watching Orange is the new black before it gets taken down :(

    Ciara xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breaking Bad is awesome, I missed it so much once I'd finished watching it! But Better Call Saul starts soon doesn't it? OITB is definitely worth watching. I have also started Orphan Black which is just as good!

      Will have to look in to FlexTrainer 4's more, they look great. Thanks for the suggestion Ciara! Very much enjoyed a read through your blog too :)

      Amy xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!