Blogmas #13: Birchbox December Box Review

Saturday, December 13, 2014


Christmas has hit Birchbox with a big ball of glitter and glam and provided, yet again, a fantastic box!

I started getting beauty boxes in February this year so hadn't experienced a Christmas edit, but knew they were bound to be something special and was eagerly awaiting the arrival of my favourite monthly treat. The cute address label let me know it was going to be a good one already!

Birchbox teamed up with shoe designer Sophia Webster, who designed the gorgeous box and gave the theme 'Put on Your Party Shoes!'. Definitely fitting for December with all the office parties, family get togethers and all around festive fun! And I have got to admit, I think the products in the box really suit the theme and I couldn't wait to try them all out!

First up this month was a product that subscribers could choose the colour of and that's Models Own Nail Polish. I went for 'Sardonyx', which is a beautiful red glitter that I am so excited to try out. I like these varnishes anyway so seeing it in my box was a real treat and I also loved the velvet lid, trés chic!

I then pulled out a little cracker that opened up to reveal Benefit's High Beam, which claims to be a "suits-all-skintones liquid illuminator". I'm not one to highlight but have been wanting to learn so it's one I look forward to testing out in the future. I did like the adorable packaging and it's a Birchbox exclusive; bonus!

Last of the cosmetics was Eyeko Fat Eye Stick in 'Smoke'. I'm personally not a huge fan of the colour, a dark grey, but I can imagine it would be a nice addition to a smokey eye. The colour transfer is good and it's very long-lasting. Overall, a good eye shadow but will only be used occasionally. Another Birchbox exclusive too!


On to the skincare and the first thing I found was Triology Certified Organic Rosehip Oil. I have mentioned previously that my skin is oily so am never sure how beneficial oils like this can be but it smelt divine so I had to give it a go. I use Epiduo Gel to treat acne and it dries out the skin like nobody's business, especially during the colder months, so I actually found this was utterly welcomed by my skin. I found that it nourished the dry patches and made my skin feel nice and soft.

Next was a little pot of Ilcsi Organics Flavonoid Extra Mask. First things first, this smells good enough to eat, seriously it smells delicious!! The consistency was also brilliant and a little went a long way; to put it another way, this mask is incredible. My skin felt soothed, refreshed and alive after using it. So much so that I'm definitely thinking of picking up a full size once this one runs out. Loved it!


Last but not least on the beauty front was Electric Hair Hydrate Shampoo. This too smelt lovely, however, I did find that I had to use quite a lot to cover the whole of my head so I know it'll run out quickly. Nonetheless, it cleaned my hair well and I did feel my locks had a bit of extra 'oomph' and shine after use. Another nice addition to December's box!

Finally, the 'Lifestyle Extra'. As always, I adore these little items as they give the boxes a little extra something. This month's was a purse from Sophia Webster. I really, really like it; it's fabulous! It's just the right size to hold money and isn't at all bulky so can be carried easily. The design is also funky but classy and it has been making an appearance in my handbag everyday so far.

Birchbox have done it again with another awesome box and I already can't wait for next month's!

To find out more or to subscribe (it's definitely worth it!), click here.

What did you think of Birchbox's December box? Do you subscribe to any beauty boxes?

12 days to go...!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. The models own nail polish looks amazing! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it, I'm thinking it'll be a good one to have on my nails for New Year! :) x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!