Blogmas #19: TheBalm Cosmetics NUDE 'Tude' Eye Shadow Palette Review

Saturday, December 20, 2014

I have a confession to make. I maaay have bought another eye shadow palette. Well, technically, it was free and well worth the order but I'll come on to that in a moment.

The love between myself and makeup palettes is no secret so when I wracked up a whopping £30 worth of points in Birchbox's 'Reward Point' scheme, I decided it was time for a little treat.

The online Birchbox shop is mental. I literally want everything. There are well-known, as well as, new (to me) brands and all seems pretty high-end, therefore me being the indecisive little duck that I am, making the choice of what to get was a nightmare.

A few things ended up going in my online shopping bag and then coming back out the next time I looked (this was a process that lasted a good few weeks), but the one that always remained was TheBalm Cosmetics NUDE 'Tude' Eye Shadow Palette. I remembered seeing it months ago on Lily's and Estée's websites and when I saw it in the online shop, that familiar feeling of 'want' started to rise. Finally, I bit the bullet and decided that it would be my chosen item. It was £26, thus used most of the £30 worth of points I'd collected but in my eyes, it was a wise investment.

Delivery was quick and the packaging was nice and simple when it arrived with the product itself wrapped in bubblewrap for protection! The packaging of this palette, as with all TheBalm products, is super cute. The front looks quite classy and sleek and then when open, the women around the shadows are fun and cheeky, which is how I perceive the brand anyway. There is also a decent size mirror on the inside and a shadow brush, though personally I wasn't a massive fan of it.

There is a wide range of nude shades in this palette, with 4 mattes and 8 shimmers. They are beautiful, with a couple of highlighters, lid browns and taupes and darker eyeliner blacks and purples. Plus I love that they're named after moods, another fun extra. All are highly pigmented and the formula is soft and easy to apply/blend. They also last on the lids for a long time before starting to fade; we're talking a good few hours here, so they're great for day or night wear.

Swatches Top L-R: Sassy, Stubborn, Selfish, Sophisticated, Sexy, Serious
Swatches Bottom L-R: Snobby, Stand-offish, Sultry, Seductive, Silly, Sleek

Brush aside, I really cannot think of a bad word to say about the NUDE 'Tude' palette, it's simply awesome! It's an extremely versatile and gorgeous palette that has become my go-to for special occasions! Thank you Birchbox!

Have you tried TheBalm Cosmetics NUDE 'Tude' Eye Shadow Palette? If so, what did you think? 

6 days to go...!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is one of my favourite palettes! Love their blushes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love it, I can't stop using it! Have only tried a sample of their Cheek & Lip Tint before, as it came with a previous Birchbox box, but will have to check out their blushes if you say they're good :) x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!