Nails of the Week #27: Valentines Day Edition

Friday, February 13, 2015

As promised in my January Favourites, today's blog offering is a cute - albeit slightly generic - Valnetine's Day design that has been gracing my nails leading up to the "big day".

I decided to go for the standard 'sexy red' but mixed things up slightly when I settled on white for the ring finger, coupled with a little heart. 

I'm not going to lie, the heart was difficult to do. But the best way I found was to not draw the generic heart shape but to use a cocktail stick to create a series of dots - three larger dots in a triangle type lay out, joined together by lots of little dots. Once done and dry, I felt it looked simple but effective.

The white polish used came from Maybelline's Colour Show collection and was named 'Winter Baby'. I've said before that I'm not a huge white polish fan but this was perfect for the look I was going for. It also lasted quite well, like any of the others in the range.

The red came from Sally Hansen and is called 'Right Said Red' - isn't that just one of the best names ever! This is one of my favourite reds in my collection as the colour is bright and beautiful, without being too orange. It also has a good, strong formula that lasts for ages.

I *insert heart emoji here* this pairing and found it the loveliest match for V Day - see what I did there!

What's on your nails for Valentines Day?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!