'The Good Girl' by Mary Kubica Review

Friday, January 22, 2016


I've been following her for the past few days. I know where she buys her groceries, where she has her dry cleaning done, where she works. I don't know the colour of her eyes or what they look like when they're scared. But I will.

Mia Dennett can't resist a one-night stand with the enigmatic stranger she meets in a bar.

But going home with him might turn out to be the worst mistake of Mia's life…

Book 3/50 has now been finished and 'The Good Girl' was nothing like the synopsis suggests. Yes, there's a one-night stand that goes wrong and yes, it's a thriller as you might expect but I'm not sure the blurb was necessarily 'on point'; that's not to say the book wasn't!

Without giving too much away, the story follows the different accounts on Mia Dennett being kidnapped (including that of the kidnapper, who doesn't actually follow through on the original plan) and how they are all dealing with it. It was unlike anything I have read before and found Mary Kubica's style very interesting.

The book wasn't quite as fast paced as originally hoped; nonetheless, it was gritty, intriguing and had some great twists. I enjoyed reading from the point of view of the different characters and found myself rooting for those who I originally didn't like. The ending also had me in floods of tears, which was definitely unexpected!

Like I said, I don't want to give too much away and therefore, can't really explain why the blurb doesn't really match the book. Though, with that said, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this emotional thriller and would recommend it to anyone who's after something a little bit different.

Have you read 'The Good Girl'? What did you think? I'm really keen to find out the views of others and looking forward to reading more from Mary Kubica!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comments!
I enjoy reading each and every one of them!